Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"April in Paris"

I am pleased to release my first screen printed edition.
"April in Paris"



I started this image to study the form of the Eiffel Tower in a new way. I modified a 3D model of it, and then used the computer to essentially wrap the form around an object – in this case, a sphere. The bursts of metallic ink remind me of the tower after dark, lit up by glittering strobe lights. I try to capture my favorite experience of a place in my art. The light show emphasizes the timeless beauty of this structure. Cheers to the next 125 years! 3/31/1889 – 3/31/2014.
Prints will go on sale Friday 5/30/2014 at 12 pm central standard time - here!


Title: “April in Paris”
Technique: Screen print
Size: 23 3/4" W x 23 7/16" H
Colors: 7 colors, 4 metallic inks
Paper: 100 LB White Cougar
Edition Size: 50, 11 AP
Notes: Each order from the edition of 50 includes a signed, numbered, and embossed print with a certificate of authenticity.


Please sign up for my mailing list to receive future release information.
Thanks for your support!
Copyright, Eric Gebhardt (C) 2014 All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment